Data for Good Hackathon- Columbus, OH
On Friday, October 14^th and Saturday, October 15^th you and your team will collaborate to analyze large, social good data sets and derive insights for a leading nonprofit organization. You will get to work side by side with our expert JPMorgan Chase researchers and data scientists, learning from their experience as you creatively solve real world problems faced by social organizations. You are encouraged to come up with cutting-edge ideas that could make a difference to the people who need it most.
In addition to networking with other aspiring data scientists from around the world, Data for Good is also a chance to meet our recruiting teams and experience what it's like to work in Analytics and Data Science at JPMorgan Chase.
Participants will need to bring their own laptops to the event. Travel expenses will be covered by JPMorgan Chase, though conditions will apply. Further details and instructions will be provided to successful applicants.
Top participants in our Data for Good hackathon may be offered a position in our 2023 AI & Data Science Summer Analyst Program.
If you are ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place at Data for Good!
Eligibility: Data for Good is open to individuals who meet the below requirements:
• Enrolled and in good standing in an undergraduate degree at a US institution
• Pursuing a degree in a STEM field (computer science, engineering, statistics, math, etc.), with an interest in Analytics/Data Science and an expected graduation date between December 2023 and August 2024.
• Proficiency coding in at least one language required
• Highly motivated and enjoy working collaboratively to develop innovative solutions to practical business problems
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
This event is a pipeline to our AI & Data Science Summer Analyst Program and could lead to an offer for the 2023 Summer Internship.
This role is a pipeline to our full-time AI & Data Science Summer Analyst Program, which is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT). If you will require employer immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this summer internship role.
About the process:
To be considered for Data for Good, you must complete the following steps:
1. Please read the Official Rules before you start this application.
2. Complete and submit the Data for Good event application.
3. In addition to completing this application you also must complete and submit a 2023 Summer Internship application
1. Applicants will be asked to complete a coding challenge and video interview, powered by HireVue (Codevue). This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
2. HireVue (CodeVue) are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
3. Selected applicants will be notified via email with final event details for the event.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidate