Operations Supervisor - Entry Level
WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Do you want to work for one of the world's most trusted and recognized brands? Hallmark is a company rooted in connecting people. We care for our employees, our communities, and our world. A career at Hallmark means you get to make a big impact and create something that can make a genuine difference. We’re looking for people who want to continue to carry our vision forward.
What this role entails and how you’ll contribute
The Operations Supervisor will focus on:
- Productivity – you’ll be leading all activities within your assigned area, working towards goals and objectives to ensure they are met.
- Continuous improvement – you’ll be using a disciplined problem-solving approach, using PDCA/A3 tools with our leadership team and operators to achieve or exceed cost reduction targets.
- Leadership – leading and motivating your team as you provide direction and support to carry out the goals and objectives of your area as well as the company.
Hallmark products are produced in both of our Kansas Manufacturing facilities located in Lawrence, Kansas and Leavenworth, Kansas. These facilities produce most of our greeting cards, gift wrap, ribbons & bows, tissue paper and stickers. Our Liberty Distribution Center, located in Liberty, Missouri, fulfills and distributes most of these products to our customers.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering or production operations
- Experience managing direct reports in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience with equipment and/or building maintenance
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SAP
- Project management experience
- Adept at seeing opportunities to improve upon the status quo and implementing solutions
- Familiarity with Lean principles
This role could be located at any of our production facilities in Lawrence or Leavenworth, KS, or our distribution center in Liberty, MO. Relocation assistance may be provided. May be required earlier or later than stated hours, and may include nights and/or weekends, depending on business need.
Now’s your chance to embrace a future with Hallmark—just follow the instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are DOCX and PDF.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment.
Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
HALLMARK – Because Connecting With Each Other Has Never Been More Important
For more than a century, Hallmark has been bringing people together and improving the relationships that matter most. That’s why millions of people all over the world connect with the Hallmark brand. It has always been a mission so much bigger than any one of us who work here. Today, we need empathetic learners, strategic thinkers, and enthusiastic visionaries with diverse experiences and skills to help us create the rest of Hallmark’s second century as we shift to a more digitally savvy, unified approach that combines the best of brick-and-mortar retail with the efficiency of dot-com spaces. Help us imagine what our next hundred years could look like!
When you join Hallmark, we will go out of our way to make you feel like part of the team, even in a remote/hybrid work environment. In the day-to-day, we’ll make the best use of the skills and talents you already have. We’ll also give you leadership opportunities and show you multiple potential pathways to future success.
Our culture of care for our consumers and for one another shows in the way we embrace different backgrounds, identities, and working styles, deliberately seeking out ways to be more inclusive both internally among our work groups and externally through the things we make and sell to our retail partners and consumers. We believe that a broadly inclusive, equitable approach is also our best path to future success. We’re seeking out those who can bring a fresh perspective to our business and would love your input as someone new to our team! We can only change and grow when we intentionally include new perspectives–like yours.