Continuous Improvement Engineer
The Naval Reactors Facility of the Naval Nuclear Laboratory is looking for an individual to join a team that facilitates improvement efforts for the site. The team's efforts include improvement projects, Self-Assessment, coordinating responses to site level issues and improvements, and operating a safety program.
The duties of this position include:
- Facilitate improvement events and projects.
- Assist in implementation of and training on continuous improvement tools.
- Work with the organizations at the Naval Reactors Facility to drive continuous improvement.
- Backup other functions in the work group, such as other improvement related activities and the people based safety program.
- Other projects or tasks as assigned.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with LEAN tools, implement change, work with all levels of management, and understand all aspects of the the business.
If you want to make a difference, this opportunity is for you. APPLY TODAY!
REQUIRED SKILLS *
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university required.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of relevant experience;
- Experience at the Naval Reactors Facility or the Naval Nuclear Laboratory.
- Familiarity with LEAN tools and processes.
- Experience implementing successful change.
- Experience working on successful cross-functional teams.
- Experience influencing all levels of an organization.
- LEAN six sigma or Black Belt certification
- Industrial Engineering or Systems Engineering Degree
- Project Management experience
- Active DOE security clearance