Information Technology-Academic Technology Services
The Division of Information Technology’s (GBIT) ATS Teams is looking for students of any major who are interested in helping people and learning! We offer flexible scheduling and an enriching atmosphere for employees; we want to ensure our employees can balance work, school, and life. Working for ATS, you can expect to learn new skills relating to technology, customer service, office work, and more!
- Provide customer service to clients on campus
- Set up AV equipment such as sound systems and various video equipment
- Support classroom technology including projectors, computers, document cameras, DVD players, etc.
- Deliver AV equipment to classrooms around campus
- Support various applications (e.g. SPSS and Microsoft Office) and technology processes (e.g. printing, connecting to Wi-Fi, resetting passwords)
- Participate in office work such as filing, answering phone calls and emails, etc.
- Collaborate with campus departments and professors and assist them with technology systems and services
- Desire to learn new things and help others
- Detail-oriented; able to document procedures for incident creation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Patience and kindness for a variety of situations and people
- Previous technical experience is preferred but not required
- Previous experience in video productions (e.g. camcorder work) is preferred but not required
What you’ll get from us
- Flexible scheduling: we are willing to work with you to develop a work schedule that accommodates your classes and other commitments
- Opportunities to grow and develop in your career, including side projects that will look great on your resumé!
- New interpersonal and technical skills to impress future employers.
- ATS offers student employees an opportunity to work on campus up to 25 hours a week during the semester with a preferred minimum of 15 hours per week.
- ATS is open from 8 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 8 am to 4:30 pm. There are exceptions, such as Thanksgiving break and certain national holidays.
- ATS is open during Spring Break and summer and winter interims and offers employees an opportunity to work full-time if they desire. Hours during summer, Spring Break, and interims are Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
For more information about our department, visit our website: https://www.uwgb.edu/it/.