Information Technology-Service Desk Analyst
The Division of Information Technology’s (GBIT) Service Desk is looking for students of any major who are interested in helping people and learning! We offer flexible scheduling and an enriching atmosphere for employees; we want to ensure our employees can balance work, school, and life. Working for the Service Desk, you can expect to learn new skills relating to technology, customer service, and collaboration. As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be working to assist users with technology, learn the ins and outs of GBIT, solve issues across the campus, and more!
Students are given the opportunity to move up while working as an analyst to specialized student positions depending on their interests and experience while working on the Service Desk (around 3-6 months of working on the desk). Here are the current specialized positions:
- Inventory Specialist
- Apple Specialist
- GBIT Security Assistant
- Technical Support Lead
- Technical Support Specialist
- Dispatch Lead
- Provide customer service to clients both on and off-campus. Avenues for support include phone, email, chat, and in-person appointments
- Collaborate with IT staff and other students to resolve inquiries and provide superior support
- Use a ticket-managing system to track progress on current incidents
- Troubleshoot incidents using technical documentation
- Support various applications (e.g. SPSS and Microsoft Office) and technology processes (e.g. printing, connecting to Wi-Fi, resetting passwords)
- Desire to learn new things and help others
- Detail-oriented; able to document procedures for incident creation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Patience and kindness for a variety of situations and people
- Previous technical experience is preferred but not required
What you’ll get from us
- Flexible scheduling: we are willing to work with you to develop a work schedule that accommodates your classes and other commitments
- Opportunities to grow and develop in your career, including side projects that will look great on your resumé!
- New interpersonal and technical skills to impress future employers.
- The Service Desk offers student employees an opportunity to work on campus up to 25 hours a week during the semester with a preferred minimum of 15 hours per week.
- The Service Desk is open from 8 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 8 am to 4:30 pm. There are exceptions, such as Thanksgiving break and certain national holidays.
- The Service Desk is open during Spring Break and summer and winter interims and offers employees an opportunity to work full-time if they desire. Hours during summer, Spring Break, and interims are Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
For more information about our department, visit our website: https://www.uwgb.edu/it/.