Communication Manager Position Purpose:
- The Communication Manager serves, supports, and enhances the congregation’s ministry by being the central hub for internal and external communication.
- This position will plan, organize, create, and implement effective ministry communication messages and strategies for informing, engaging, and inspiring Ascension’s members and the community.
- This includes receiving messaging content created by others, coaching others in the writing of their messaging content, and editing content for effectiveness in branding standards and reception by those we are trying to reach.
- The individual will collaborate with the pastors, staff, and ministry leaders to convey the church’s ministries, programs, and activities to the congregation and external community through the use of digital, print, and verbal communication. Some tasks change over time in the pursuit of continuous improvement and ministry effectiveness.
- The Communication Manager is also the first line of communication with members and visitors during office hours. A welcoming presence, clear communication skills, both verbally and written, and a strong accountability to confidentiality are critical purposes of this position.
A full job description is available at https://www.ascensiongb.com/employment