Phoenix Club Assistant
The Phoenix Club Assistant has the responsibility of customer service and assisting with recreation programs in the Phoenix Club. The Phoenix Club Assistant will need to become familiar with University Union policies and procedures, customer service procedures, cash handling, cash register/computer operation and various recreational leisure activities.
Time Commitment: This position requires 10-15 hours per week during the academic school year, hours ranging from 10 am – 11 pm, with some weekend shifts.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Make and distribute food and drink to customers.
- Track sales and use of the Phoenix Club space.
- Distribute game equipment for the recreation side of the Phoenix Club
- Assist with recreation games, tournaments and special events.
- Work with money.
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Up keep of cleanliness of the Phoenix Club
- Enforce usage policies and procedures.
- Be in the know of current trends and student needs.
- Market the Phoenix Club specials and incentives.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Phoenix Club Assistant must be energetic, have excellent communication skills and be responsible. An organized person with great time management skills whom can stick to a schedule. Be able to work in a team setting. Have strong decision-making skills and good judgement. Display enthusiasm, creativity, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn.
Knowledge of campus events, programs and Union services is preferred but not required.