University Ticketing & Information Center Assistant
The UTIC Assistant is responsible for maintaining constant communication and providing accurate information to the University Union customers, UWGB students, faculty, staff and community members; referring them to the appropriate location or personnel to handle their questions/concerns. Responsibilities also include ticket sales for events on and off campus, retail sales of other merchandise and services. The UTIC Assistant is additionally responsible for the production of campus ID cards for students, faculty, staff and guests. The UTIC Assistant must be comfortable with UPS and USPS mailing standards since these service are offered through the University Ticketing & Information Center.
Time Commitment: The Assistant is required anywhere from 5-20 hours per week depending on their availability and desired hours. Weekends shifts and special events are required to be staffed with the Assistants by the UTIC Coordinator and Manager.
- Provide professional, courteous and effective service to all customers via a multi-line phone, email or in person.
- Knowledgeable with current information regarding the college campus, departments and surrounding community in order to give precise directions based on customer needs.
- Assist in the following areas: filing, customer service, sorting mail, maintaining inventory and ticket sales.
- Complete weekly cleaning duties.
- Ability to process new and replacement IDs as well as troubleshoot all ID related issues.
- Provide USPS and UPS mailing services, Marcus movie passes, stamps, gift cards, key check-out and other services.
- Maintain accurate campus ‘lost and found’ records via Excel spreadsheet.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Work the box office for UWGB Music and Theatre events.
- General understating of common terminology in the Performing Arts industry as well as venue layout.
- Operate the cash register and ticketing software according to set cash handling procedures for retail items and services through the Information Center.
- Perform area opening and closing duties including security practices, completing daily reports and cleaning tasks.
- Enforce campus and University Union policies and procedures.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Information Center Manager and Coordinator of
- Reservations and Event Support.
The Assistant must be efficient, dependable and able to carry out instructions independently. A professional demeanor, in addition to strong communication and customer service skills are imperative. Computer knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook are preferred. A strong understanding of campus and University Union programs and operations is also preferred.